The ACS Foster Program needs you! ACS needs your heart and your home to care for one of our shelter's orphaned pets. Your generosity will provide young and old, injured and sick, abused and under socialized pets a chance to grow or heal before finding forever homes. Every Foster makes a difference in the lives of our shelter pets! View the Foster Application (.pdf).
Being a Foster helps us to create space in the shelter to accommodate other homeless pets. Pets in the Foster Program provide companionship and purpose – your act of kindness is repaid in rewards that are beyond words.
Pets needing a temporary home and a Foster include:
- Injured pets that need time to recover and recuperate in a quiet, comfortable setting
- Nursing moms that need time to wean her puppies in the comforts of a home
- Pets that require more socialization than can be available at the shelter
- Neglected or abused pets that need tender loving care
- Any healthy, non aggressive pet that is brought into Animal Care Services that may need additional time to find placement
ACS provides the essential materials for Foster volunteers including food, litter, veterinary care and medicines for up to the first 2 months after the pet is adoption-ready. Our Foster volunteers help provide the time and love!
Foster volunteers are also granted volunteer hours for fostering pets. For each day that the pet is fostered, four (4) hours of community services is earned. Individual students and various organization members, for example, may earn volunteer hours through the ACS Foster Program.
If you are interested in becoming an ACS foster, please contact the Foster coordinator at (210) 207-6669 or email.
View the Foster Application (.pdf).