TARGET THE HEART. RENEW. RECONNECT. REVITALIZE.
What is CCDO?
The Center City Development and Operations Department (CCDO) was created in 2008 to facilitate and initiate the development and redevelopment of neighborhoods, businesses and cultural resources within the Community Revitalization Action Group (CRAG) area to foster thriving neighborhoods for the benefit of residents, visitors and businesses.
In addition to assisting with development projects, the department also oversees the operations of downtown, including:
• Maintenance of the River Walk
• Coordination of large downtown events such as the annual New Years Eve Celebration, Rock ‘n Roll Marathon, Fiesta, river parades and other special events
• Management of vending programs in the Downtown Business District, including River Walk novelties and street level mobile food programs
• Operation and maintenance of the City’s parking facilities downtown, including garages, lots, meters and pay stations plus downtown and citywide parking enforcement.
• Leasing and asset management designed to maximize the efficient use of existing real estate assets and when appropriate, to lease assets surplus to the City’s use or acquire leasehold interest in property necessary for the City’s operation.
• Operation and maintenance of special venues including La Villita and Market Square
We look forward to working with you as we strive to enhance the downtown experience. Contact our offices for more information: Development Division (210) 207-1041, Operations Division (210) 207-3677, Parking Division (210) 207-8266 or via email.
The mission of the Center City Development and Operations Department is to initiate and facilitate livability, commerce, infrastructure and prosperity for a vibrant Center City.
Under the direction of Director John Jacks, our staff will provide you with guidance for your development project or assist you with operational concerns. Visit our Staff information page for a list of employees who can help.