Contact: Marcus Lee, (210) 207-6463
SAN ANTONIO (Jan. 3, 2018) — Customers of the City of San Antonio Solid Waste Department can turn their live Christmas trees into mulch by bringing them to one of nine locations from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. on January 6, 7, 13 and 14. Residents who do not receive regular curbside collection from the Solid Waste Department for trash, recycling or organics but who do pay the environmental fee on their CPS Energy bill may participate as well.
At these drop-off locations, please note:
- Trees over 6 ft. should be cut in half
- All lights, decorations and stands, including wooden stands, should be removed
- Trees should not be bagged
- No wreaths, garlands or plants will be accepted
The nine locations are:
- Rusty Lyons Sports Center - 6300 McCullough, 78212
- Bitters Brush - 1800 Wurzbach Parkway, 78216
- Southeast District Center - 7402 S. New Braunfels, 78223
- Southside Drop-Off Center - 5450 Castroville Road, 78227
- Northeast District Center - 10303 Tool Yard, 78233
- Northwest District Center - 6802 Culebra Road, 78238
- Nelson Gardens - 8963 Nelson Road, 78252
- Eisenhower Park - 19399 NW Military Highway, 78257
- Stone Oak Park - 20395 Stone Oak Parkway, 78258
In addition to these special dates and locations, the Bitters Brush and Nelson Gardens locations are open most every day from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and will accept trees the entire month of January. Christmas trees can also be placed in the green organics carts for regular curbside collection service, but must fit loosely in the cart with the lid able to close. Cut the tree into sections if necessary.
In one to two weeks after the special drop-off dates, free mulch will be available at the Bitters Brush and Nelson Gardens locations while supplies last.
Visit www.sanantonio.gov/swmdfor more information.