The Blanco Road Project reached the halfway mark and is one month ahead of schedule. Conditions are improving for drivers and there is increased access to businesses within the project limits.
- Blanco Road between Fresno Drive and San Francisco Street, which was reduced to one-way traffic in March, reopened to two-way traffic in late September.
- A smaller one-way detour on Fresno Drive between Grant Avenue and Blanco Road is open to two-way traffic again.
Only two areas on Blanco Road remain detoured to one-way traffic: southbound Blanco Road between Basse Road and Burwood Lane, and southbound Blanco Road between Fresno Drive and Lee Hall Street. These areas are projected to reopen to two-way traffic in November. From that point, the entire Blanco Road Project area will remain open to two-way traffic for the duration of the project.
The Blanco Road project reconstructs and widens Blanco Road from San Francisco Street to Edison Drive and from El Monte Boulevard to Olmos Creek. The project will:
- Include new curbs, sidewalks and driveways.
- Install a large storm sewer system to improve drainage in the area.
- Allow for traffic signal upgrades and gas, water and sewer main replacements.
Updates about the project are available online: