The San Antonio Public Library will continue to offer the opportunity for the community to purchase birth certificates and immunization records at four of its branch libraries.
Records are now available year-round at the following branch libraries: Cortez (until Nov. 3), Las Palmas (starting Nov. 4), Great Northwest, Thousand Oaks and Mission through a partnership between the San Antonio Public Library, the Office of the City Clerk and San Antonio Metropolitan Health District. Records will be provided in-person only with the proper supporting documents of identification. Hours of operation are currently Monday through Friday, noon to 4 p.m. Beginning on Nov. 4, libraries will expand these hours from noon to 5 p.m. See www.mysapl.org for details.
The following branch libraries will participate:
- Cortez Branch Library, 2803 Hunter Blvd., 78224 (Ending Nov. 3)
- Las Palmas Branch Library, 515 Castroville Rd., 78237 (Starting Nov. 4)
- Great Northwest Branch Library, 9050 Wellwood St., 78250
- Thousand Oaks Branch Library, 4618 Thousand Oaks, Dr., 78233
- Mission Branch Library, 3134 Roosevelt Ave., 78214
City locations offering vital records and immunization records year-round:
- Vital Records, 719 S. Santa Rosa St., 78204, 7:45 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F
City locations offering immunization records year-round:
- Frank Garrett Center, 1226 NW 18th St., 78207, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., M-F
• Goodwill Clinic, 727 N.W. Loop 410, 78216, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., M-F
The cost for birth certificates is $23 and the cost for immunization records is $5. Payment is accepted by cash, check or credit card. For more information regarding eligibility and requirements to obtain birth certificates, please visit the Office of the City Clerk at www.sanantonio.gov/clerk/vitalstatistics/. For more information regarding eligibility and requirements to obtain immunization records, please visit the San Antonio Metropolitan Health District at www.sanantonio.gov/health/Immunizations.html. For full information about how to purchase birth certificates and immunization records from the San Antonio Public Library, please visit http://guides.mysapl.org/vital_records.