The Industry Development Division assists start-up ventures, existing business and those relocating to San Antonio with site identification, development, permitting and expansion needs. The Industry Development Division offers the following local, state and/or federal incentives:
- Tax Abatements
- Targeted location Fee Waivers
- Economic Development Grants
- Development Bond Financing
- Low Interest Loans
- Single Point of Contact for expedited permitting and development needs
- Freeport Exemption for goods-in-transit
- FTZ designation and activation assistance
- State Enterprise Zone Nomination
San Antonio’s business friendly climate makes the city the best place for growth and development in Texas. San Antonio is consistently ranked as one of the Milken Institute’s Best Performing Unites States City for Jobs. The Industry Division focuses on growing quality jobs and investment domestically and globally.
SAN ANTONIO’S TARGETED INDUSTRIES CLUSTERS:
- HEALTHCARE AND BIOSCIENCES: Economic impact of $29.2 billion and employs every one in six San Antonio workers.
- AEROSPACE: Economic impact of $5.4 billion to the area and employs 13,616.
- MANUFACTORING: Economic impact of $22.5 billion and employs 51,024.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/CYBERSECURITY: Economic impact of $8 billion and employs 15,648.
- NEW ENERGY ECONOMY: San Antonio is committed to being a leader in investment and training in the new energy economy. It is home to CPS Energy, the country’s largest municipally-owned gas and electric utility company and strategically located near the Eagle Ford Shale, and import target for many oil and gas companies.