The Industry Development Division assists start-up ventures, existing businesses and those relocating to San Antonio with development and expansion needs. The Industry Development Division offers the following local, state and/or federal financial incentives:
- Tax Credits
- Low Interest Loans
- Tax Exemptions
- Training Funds or Programs
- Reduced Utility Costs
San Antonio’s business friendly climate makes the city the best place for growth and development in Texas. As the Milken Institute’s Best Performing United States City for Jobs, San Antonio has remained resilient through the recession and its unemployment rate continues to fall well below the state and national average.
San Antonio's Industry Clusters:
- Bioscience and Healthcare: Economic impact of $29.2 billion and employs every one in six San Antonio workers.
- Aerospace: Economic impact of $5.4 billion to the area and employs 13,616.
- Manufacturing: Economic impact of $22.5 billion and employs 51,024.
- Information Technology/Cybersecurity: Economic impact of $8 billion and employs 15,648.
The United States military maintains a strong presence in San Antonio, employing approximately 189,000 and contributing $27 billion to the local economy.