Training and development within the City of San Antonio is focused on creating and delivering the most impactful opportunities for employees to reach career potential. There are several core development principles that serve as the foundation for all learning. Across the City of San Antonio, we:
- Leverage current job assignments as the primary sources of employee development.
- Offer supplemental opportunities to learn professional, managerial, leadership, trade, technical, and language skills through City-wide course offerings.
- Measure capabilities and develop employees based on City-wide standards.
- Provide annual development plans throughout an employee’s career.
- Share feedback regularly and recognize and re-enforce performance standards.
In support of our development strategy, training and development will focus on skill building in the following areas:
- Supervisory, Management, and Leadership
A course catalog and detailed information, including dates, time, and locations of classes, can be found on the COSAweb (City’s intranet) under the COSA Training Center.
To register for a class, please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend the class before you contact your department’s Human Resources Specialist.
Find out more about other benefits: VIA Bus pass and Tuition Assistance.