Deer Oaks offers a network of more than 50,000 trained specialists throughout the U.S. and Canada who are available to provide face-to-face assessments and counseling to employees and family members.
Are money issues causing you stress? Child leaving for college? Need legal assistance?
If you need someone to talk to about these or other issues, call the City's Employee Assistance Program!
The City of San Antonio provides a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Deer Oaks to ALL full-time, civilian employees, uniform Fire Department employees, and their household members. The service is free and offers a variety of services, which are designed to assist you and your family in resolving daily work and life challenges that may be affecting your well-being. All services provided by Deer Oaks are confidential and HIPAA-compliant.
Deer Oaks services are available to employees for both personal and professional use. The EAP can provide up to six (6) personal sessions per issue, with unlimited issues for each household member. The EAP is for short-term counseling use.
Why would I call the EAP?
- Relationship issues
- Child or adolescent issues
- Emotional or personal issues
- Legal or financial issues
- Anger management
- Community resources, including child/elder care
- Work-related issues
Counseling services offered:
- Personal counseling
- Family counseling
- Marital counseling
- Legal counseling
- Financial counseling
- Group counseling
- Seminars for employees or supervisors
- Critical incident response
* Work-related services counseling can be coordinated through your department's Human Resources Generalist or by contacting the Employee Wellness Program at (210) 207-WELL or email@example.com.
- Take the High Road on the Highway:
- Catch a cab home if you cannot drive yourself. Simply submit your receipt to Deer Oaks for reimbursement. Call (210) 615-8880 for more information.
- Online tools and resources:
- Log on to www.deeroaks.com to access helpful articles, tools, and monthly chat sessions.
- Username and password: cosa and cosa
- Parents at Work Program:
- Counseling for new parents returning to work
- Referrals to community resources
- Legal / financial consultation resources:
- Unlimited telephonic consultation with a plan attorney or financial counselor
- Free initial 30-minute in-person consultation with a plan attorney; discounts for ongoing services
- Free 30-minute telephonic consultation with an Identity Recovery professional. A customized action plan, consultation, and ongoing ID recovery guidance are included.
- Free Identity Monitoring service
- Free interactive online Simple Will preparation
- Unlimited online access to a wealth of educational financial and legal resources, links, tools, and forms. Log on to www.deeroaks.com to access these services.
- Child and elder care referrals, information, and resources
- Daily living and convenience referrals, information, and resources
(ex: assistance locating pet sitters, tutors, fitness centers, moving services, after-school programs, etc.)
- College and relocation referrals, information, and resources