Size: 1.5 acres
/ Combined Large & Small Dog Area
Pearsall Park is 505 acres and is designed to offer a dynamic open space with fitness and recreational amenities ideal for facilitating health/wellness/sports activities and outdoor family/social gatherings. Park expansion efforts doubled the total size of the park from 243 acres through City purchase of an additional 262 acres as part of the 2012-2017 City Bond Program.
Pearsall Park Grand Opening Celebration took place June 11, 2016.
Programs & Classes
Use the button below to view and register for classes at this location.
If there are no results for classes at this location, a list of classes, programs, and activities at alternate locations will be provided.
View & Register for Classes
Si necesita asistencia en español para inscribirse en clases o necesita información sobre nuestros programas llame al 210-207-3047.
New Amenities include:
FEATURED PARK IMPROVEMENTS
FAMILY FUN ZONE
- Two (2) splash pads - Open 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. (largest offered in the City!)
- Two (2) basketball courts
- Twenty (20) picnic tables
- Two (2) shade canopies equipped with picnic tables
- Two hundred and fifteen (215) parking spaces
- One (1) 40’ x 80’ event pavilion area
- Skate Park (largest skate park offered in the City!)
- Reinforced lawn area
- Event Stage Space - Terrain play area (located on the central berm lawn)
- Park restrooms
- Children’s Playground (largest playground offered in the City!)
FITNESS CHALLENGE ZONE
- Forty-yard Sprint Timer (one of the first of the nation)
- Zip Line
- Four (4) pull-up bars
- Traveling rings (San Antonio is one of only four
- One (1) shade canopy workout area
- Multi-exercise station
- Limestone seating and step-up blocks U.S. cities to offer outdoor traveling rings for use)
- 5K running/walking trail improvements with
multiple routes (Pearsall Park is the only public park in San Antonio that offers fully complete running courses that do not cross City streets or park roads!)
“Wickiup Encampment” and “Wickiup Overlook” were created by nationally-recognized public artist Buster Simpson. Commissioned by the City’s Department for Culture & Creative Development, Simpson is recognized for his impact on environmental, sustainable public art projects. Wickiup refers to a primitive domed structure historically associated with Native Americans of the Southwest. Simpson’s modern take on a Wickiup includes two sites, three metal domes, metal mesh, and geometric benches providing shade and a place to rest that honors the historical presence of indigenous peoples and their light footprint on the land. The installations include features made out of local Texas limestone and red granite, and provide scenic views of Pearsall Park, nearby Lackland Air Force Base and the city’s downtown in the distance.
ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY COMMITMENT
- Native/Low-Water Use Plants (Reduced Water Use) - Drip Irrigation in Planting Beds (Reduced Water Use)
- Soil Amendments & Mulch (Reduced Water Use) - Installed LED Lighting (Reduced Energy Use)
CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL REUSE
- Reused two (2) metal arbors from Convention Center Expansion Demolition
- Over 120,000 cubic yards of excavated material reused from other projects (reduces truck hauling/fuel usage
and provides free fill for Pearsall Park)
RECYCLED MATERIAL COMPONENTS
- Shredded mulch left on-site for composting in place
- Concrete from site clearing
- 17 tons of metal construction debris from site clearing
- Rubber safety surfacing at playground and sprint timer (100% recycled rubber)
- Mulch/soil amendments are recycled brush and wood
- SAWS-recycled water used for landscape irrigation
Other Special Amenities
- Disc Golf - The Pearsall Park disc golf course was designed by Rialto Studios and professional disc golfer Paul Taylor. The course consist of 18 holes, total course length of 5,680 feet for a total par of 58.
- Dog Park - Bright green, red and yellow colors make the 1.5 acres of fenced-in area stand out with picnic tables and trash cans, as well as play features. Park hours are 5 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week.