• About Us
• Community Services
• Contact Us
• Historic City Cemeteries
• In the News
• Metal Detecting
• Park Directory
• Parks & Recreation Board
• Park Safety & Rules
• Project Updates
• Recycling Initiative
• Related Links
• Ron Darner Headquarters
• San Jose Burial Park
• Stage Rentals
• Tree Planting Initiative
• Telephone Directory
• Volunteer Services
• Wi-Fi Services
• Community Centers
• Disc Golf
• Dog parks
• Fitness Centers
• Fitness in the Park
• Fitness Stations
• Ride to Own Bike Program
• Skate parks
• Summer Youth Programs
• Summer Food Program
• Sunken Garden Theater
• Youth Sports
The San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department offers a wide variety of facilities suitable for family special occasions such as birthday parties, family reunions, and wedding receptions. These include parks, picnic pavilions, community centers, sports fields, and more.
Reservations for Parks and Recreation Department facilities, including pavilions, can be made by utilizing the following steps:
1. To assist you in quickly finding a park in your area, utilize the Park Locator Map tool at http://dev.ephtracking.net/sa2/
• This tool allows you to input your address and specify how close you want the park to be (i.e. within 2 miles or 5 miles, etc.)
2. Once you identify parks in your area, you can visit www.sanantonio.gov/parksandrec/directory.aspx to find more information on amenities available in those parks.
• You may have to widen your search to other parks in order to find the amenity most suited to your needs. Parks with pavilions or other amenities that can be rented will have links on their web pages that allow you to check their availability.
3. Look at park availability links to determine if the facility you would like to rent is available on the date of your special occasion.
4. If you still have questions, call 210-207-3000 for more information.
5. With this information in mind, go to the Ron Darner Parks and Recreation Headquarters, 5800 Old Highway 90 West (Map), to finalize your search and make your reservation. Parking is free.
6. Once you have finalized the reservation, you will be able to pay for and pick up your permit.
• The facility in which you are interested may be reserved by someone else after you look at availability online. We recommend you have more than one choice in mind when you come to Ron Darner Headquarters.
• Cash, checks and major credit cards are accepted.
• Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Give yourself plenty of time for this process. During certain seasons, such as the spring and summer, we have a high volume of reservation requests with personnel handling both telephone inquiries and customers on-site. We will handle calls and visitors in the order in which they are received. The more you know about your needs before you arrive, the more quickly we can assist you. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
• Bexar County has its own reservation system for county parks. For information on how to reserve those parks, go to http://parks.bexar.org or call 210-335-7275.
Call 210-207-3053 or email Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org for information on LARGE special event policies and procedures, which may vary depending on the facility.
Special events generally require deposits for damage and cleanup, liability insurance, and in some cases, security.