The application for the 2017-2018 school year opens February 1, 2017. Applications will be filled on a 1st come 1st served basis. Each Education Center will be filled as qualifying applications are received. Notifications to schedule the registration appointment will be made on a weekly basis beginning the 1st Monday in February.
The 2016-2017 school year is currently underway and ends June 2, 2016. Families wishing to attend Pre-K 4 SA in the current school year can apply to be added to the waitlist and families will be contacted if space is available.
Apply for Pre-K 4 SA in one of three ways:
- Complete the entire application process from home!
- APPLY NOW!
Visit an Education Center
- Come to the Centers between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Computers are available for families to complete the online application
Call 210-206-PREK (7735)
- Talk to a staff member on the Pre-K 4 SA Enrollment Hotline
- Ask questions about the online application, eligibility, and the program
- Give your information over the phone to complete your application
About the Application
Completing the Application
- The application takes between 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
- The answers you provide will be used to determine if you are eligible to attend for free or if you will be a tuition family.
- Families must reside a participating school district (Edgewood ISD, Harlandale ISD, North East ISD, Northside ISD, San Antonio ISD, Southside ISD, or Southwest ISD) to be eligible for free
- Families residing in non-participating districts will be automatically placed in the tuition lottery.
- You do not need to submit any original documents or visit a Pre-K 4 SA Center at this time.
Who Can Apply?
- Students must turn four years old on or before September 1 of the year they attend Pre-K 4 SA. You will select your application year at the beginning of the application.
- All families must live within San Antonio city limits. If you live outside of the city limits or in a municipality, you are not eligible for the program.
- Multiple four-year-old siblings: You may submit one application for multiple four-year-olds living within your household. If siblings live in different households but would both like to apply, you must submit separate applications.
Tips for Completing the Application
- Only one application can be open at a time. If you have multiple browsers open with more than one application, you will need to close all applications and begin again.
- Do not use the "back" button on your internet browser. Use the buttons provided in the application or use the tabs to navigate previous sections.
- For technical problems: If you have technical problems with the online application, contact the Pre-K 4 SA Enrollment Hotline at 210-206-PREK (7735).