Children must turn four years old by September 1, 2017 to attend Pre-K 4 SA for the 2017-2018 school year.
PRE-K 4 SA FOR ELIGIBLE STUDENTS
Four-year-olds qualify to attend Pre-K 4 SA for free if they meet the following requirements:
- Must live within the City of San Antonio limits,
- Must live within a participating school district,
- 2017-2018 participating school districts include Edgewood ISD, Harlandale ISD, North East ISD, Northside ISD, San Antonio ISD, Southside ISD, and Southwest ISD
- Families residing within the City of San Antonio but not in a participating district may still apply to be selected as a tuition student. Alamo Heights ISD, East Central ISD, Judson ISD and South San Antonio ISD are nonparticipating districts with Pre-K 4 SA for the 2017-2018 school year.
- And must meet one of the following criteria outlined by the Texas Education Agency:
- Is eligible for the National Free and Reduced Lunch Program or receives Food Stamps or TANF benefits; or
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language (as determined by assessment); or
- Is homeless, as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act; or
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing.
All qualifying students must verify their eligibility during Pre-K 4 SA registration to attend.
AFFORDABLE TUITION SPACES
Affordable tuition spaces are also available for families who do not live within a participating school district or do not meet one of the Texas Education Agency requirements. All tuition students must live within San Antonio city limits. Learn more about the Tuition Program.
Is your child eligible for Pre-K 4 SA as a free or tuition student? Learn how to apply.