Sarah Baray, Ph.D.
Chief Executive Officer
Sarah Baray, Ph.D. is Chief Executive Officer of Pre-K 4 SA. Dr. Baray joined Pre-K 4 SA in 2016 bringing more than 25 years of education experience to the program. In her most recent role as a professor at Texas State University, she directed the Ph.D. in School Improvement program and served as a researcher and instructor in the Educational and Community Leadership program. Prior to her tenure at Texas State, she served in various roles within the Austin Independent School District, including elementary school teacher, elementary school principal and district administrator.
Dr. Baray’s research interests center on policies and practices related to educational equity.
Recent research projects include examining educator beliefs about students of diverse backgrounds, documenting the effects of student protests for educational equity in Chile and exploring the experiences of novice principals.
Additionally, Dr. Baray has served on the editorial board of prominent journals including
Educational Administration Quarterly and the International Journal of Leadership in Education. She has been a keynote presenter at the annual conference of the British Educational Leadership, Management and Administration Society
(BELMAS) and a Distinguished Faculty member
for the David L. Clark Research Seminar.
- Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin
- Master of Education, University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Science, University of Texas at Austin
AWARDS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Educational Administration Quarterly Journal, Editorial Board
- International Journal of Leadership in Education, Editorial Board
- British Educational Leadership, Management and Administration Society (BELMAS), Keynote Presenter
- David L. Clark Research Seminar, Distinguished Faculty member
Dr. Baray is married to Ray Baray, a native of San Antonio, who currently serves as Chief of Staff for the City of Austin. They have a 17-year-old daughter who is active in Girl Scouts and is a senior at McCallum High School in Austin.
Dr. Baray recently moved to Southtown. She enjoys living along the river in the heart of San Antonio.