The application for the 2015-2016 school year is now open. Families applying between February 2 and April 5, 2015 will be entered into the Pre-K 4 SA Lottery.
The 2014-2015 school year is currently underway and ends June 4, 2015. Families wishing to attend Pre-K 4 SA in the current school year can apply to be added to the waitlist and families will be contacted if space is available.
Apply for Pre-K 4 SA in one of three ways:
- Complete the entire application process from home!
- APPLY NOW!
Visit an Education Center
- Come to the Centers between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Computers are available for families to complete the online application
Call 210-206-PREK (7735)
- Talk to a staff member on the Pre-K 4 SA Enrollment Hotline
- Ask questions about the online application, eligibility, and the program
- Give your information over the phone to complete your application
About the Application
Completing the Application
- The application takes between 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
- The answers you provide will be used to determine if you are eligible to attend for free or if you will be a tuition family.
- Families must reside a participating school district (Edgewood ISD, Harlandale ISD, North East ISD, Northside ISD, San Antonio ISD, Southside ISD, or Southwest ISD) to be eligible for free
- Families residing in non-participating districts will be automatically placed in the tuition lottery.
- You do not need to submit any original documents or visit a Pre-K 4 SA Center at this time.
Who Can Apply?
- Students must turn four years old on or before September 1 of the year they attend Pre-K 4 SA. You will select your application year at the beginning of the application.
- All families must live within San Antonio city limits. If you live outside of the city limits or in a municipality, you are not eligible for the program.
- Multiple four-year-old siblings: You may submit one application for multiple four-year-olds living within your household. If siblings live in different households but would both like to apply, you must submit separate applications.
Tips for Completing the Application
- Only one application can be open at a time. If you have multiple browsers open with more than one application, you will need to close all applications and begin again.
- Do not use the "back" button on your internet browser. Use the buttons provided in the application or use the tabs to navigate previous sections.
- For technical problems: If you have technical problems with the online application, contact the Pre-K 4 SA Enrollment Hotline at 210-206-PREK (7735).
Pre-K 4 SA uses a lottery to select students. By submitting an application before April 5, 2015, families will be entered into the Pre-K 4 SA Lottery which will select students for all four Education Centers. Families who complete an application after April 5, 2015 will automatically be added to the waitlist and will be contacted if space is available.
The Pre-K 4 SA Lottery will take place on April 8, 2015. Children whose names are drawn in the Lottery will be selected to attend the program. Notification of lottery status will be sent by mail and email on April 9, 2015.
All students selected in the Lottery or from the waitlist must register to confirm eligibility. Learn more about the Registration process.