Professional Development Opportunities
The Pre-K 4 SA Professional Development Department offers Professional Development Academies for San Antonio teachers throughout the year. These free sessions are designed to provide pre-k and kindergarten educators across the city with high quality professional development that will benefit the whole child in a developmentally appropriate and purposeful way.
Teachers can register for PD Academies by emailing the following information to PDRegistration@sanantonio.gov.
1. Your full name
2. Your position title (Example: Teacher, Instructional Assistant, Administrator) and grade level
3. District and school name
4. Contact phone number
5. Titles of the sessions you want to attend.
Pre-K 4 SA participating school districts will be given priority registration, and remaining registration slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Each flyer contains the location information and session descriptions for that day. All sessions directly support the Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines and/or Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills. Current PD Academies address standards for pre-k and kindergarten grade levels. Each year, a grade level will be added so that content continues to align vertically to support growth.
For questions on sessions or how to register, please call Rachel Salazar at (210)206-2746 or Linda Hamilton at (210)206-2759.
Saturday AcademIES: Pre-k through 1st Grade Professional Development
Interactive and informative sessions for pre-k through 1st grade teachers taught by Texas Certified Educators.
May 2, 2015
- Session 1: 8:30 - 11:30 am, choose from:
- "Listening and Reading Comprehension During Story Time", or
- "Getting in Touch with Children's Brains"
- Session 2: 12:30 - 3:30 pm, choose from:
- "Critical Literacy: Using Picture Books for More Than Just Reading", or
- "Making Large Group Fun and Meaningful!"
- Lunch on your own
- Location: South Education Center, 7031 S. New Braunfels, 78223
Summer Academies featuring National Presenters!