How can we help you?
More info on:

Visit Public Works on Facebook Follow Public Works on Twitter Subscribe to Public Works on YouTube

Contact Us
Director's Office
Municipal Plaza Building
114 W. Commerce
San Antonio, Texas 78205
Main Line: (210) 207-8022
Fax: (210) 207-4406

Right of Way & Permits

Right of Way (ROW) Services is responsible for maintaining construction activity within the City’s right-of-way, primarily regulating the activities of utility companies that have a significant amount of infrastructure in the City’s roadway. Through permitting and coordination, we ensure that all construction activities are well coordinated and impacts are mitigated to reduce public inconvenience, guarantee proper street repair and ensure all regulations are enforced appropriately. Right of Way regulations are made available through the ROW Ordinance(pdf) and the Utility Excavation Criteria Manual (UECM)(pdf) which contain guidelines for work methods and related safety procedures. All Right of Way users must be registered with the City prior to obtaining permits. Once a user is registered, permits are obtained online at:

The issuance temporary street closure permits, and temporary parking permits in the Central Business District (CBD) are also available through our Right of Way office. To obtain more information on how to obtain a permit for either of these services, please click below.

Block Parties   Temporary Street Closure Procedures - Block Parties
Construction Activities   Temporary Street Closure Procedures - Construction Activities
Parking Permit   Temporary Parking Permits

Effective May 9, 2011, all applications for construction-related street closures and temporary parking permits must be submitted at least one week (seven calendar days) prior to the closure date or the date for which the temporary parking is needed.

If you or any agency is planning on cutting a street or into pavement,
you must apply for a permit.

Thinking of excavating? Looking for utility lines? Then Call Before You Dig.