*** 2018 EXAMINATION INFORMATION ***
- Examination will be given at 12:00 PM on Tuesday, May 29, 2018.
- Applications will only be accepted begining at - Midnight on Sunday, March 18,2018 through 11:59 PM Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
Note: Applications can ONLY BE ACCESSED during this application period.
- Please click on SAFD Application Instructions (PDF) for helpful instructions before applying application.
- The online application can be accessed through www.sanantonio.gov/hr/CareerCenter
- Only online applications will be accepted.
These 2018 Examination information bullets are only a Summary. You MUST read and follow the instructions & information on the Trainee Examination announcement - 2018 Firefighter Trainee Written Examination Announcement (PDF). Information on this attached announcement will supersede all other information on the recruitment website.
2017 Certified Eligibility List - San Antonio Fire Department Firefighter Trainee Exam Date 3/17/2017 (PDF)
2018 SPRING CONDITIONING CLASSES
Optional Conditioning & Preparation Program Overview
- Candidates that are still currently active in the 2017 application process from the March 17, 2017 exam are invited to participate in the OPTIONAL Conditioning Classes.
- Attendance or non-attendacne to these OPTIONAL Conditioning Classes will not affect the normal hiring process/steps.
- All Candidates that wish to attend the OPTIONAL Conditoning Classes must complete an injury waiver.
- To sign up for March 3, 2018 and March 7, 2018 Optional Conditioning Classes Click Here.
- To sign up for March 10, 2018 and March 14, 2018 Optional Conditioning Classes Click Here.
- To sign up for March 17, 2018 and March 21, 2018 Optional Conditioning Classes Click Here.
- To sign up for March 24, 2018 and March 28, 2018 Optional Conditioning Classes Click Here.
- To sign up for March 31, 2018 and April 4, 2018 Optional Conditioning Classes Click Here.
2017 Examination information
• No applications are being accepted at this time. Please click Job Interest if you are interested in our next application drive.
Candidates must always monitor this site regularly for instructions on the next steps of the hiring process. Failure to comply or complete a step or requirement in the hiring process shall result in disqualification and removal of the candidate from any additional processing for the duration of the eligibility list. Do not expect a phone call or email to direct you on your next steps. It is the entirely the candidates responsibility to observe and fulfill all the steps of the hiring process.
SAFD Female Recruiting