Message from the Chief
To provide for greater transparency, build trust, and facilitate community engagement, the San Antonio Police Department has initiated the Open Data Initiative. The purpose of this program is to share information with the community on a variety of police subjects and activities, and general policy issues to include:
- Internal Affairs Formal & Line Complaints
- Use of Force incidents
- Officer Involved Shooting Incidents
- Police Vehicular Pursuits
- Racial Profiling data
- Department Sworn Member Demographics
- Department General Manual Procedure on Use of Force
The Open Data Initiative is implemented with the information contained in this web portal and, through departmental and community feedback, we will continue to add information as it is developed. We believe that this initiative will increase trust and communication between the nearly 3,000 sworn and civilian members of the San Antonio Police Department and the community with whom we live and serve.
William P. McManus, Chief of Police
San Antonio Police Department
800 Dolorosa #402
San Antonio, TX, 78207
Monday – Friday
7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Internal Affairs Mission Statement
The San Antonio Police Department accepts all complaints, regardless of form, source, or substance, and initiates investigative action appropriate to the seriousness of the complaint.
Therefore, the Internal Affairs Unit is committed to investigate thoroughly, objectively and without prejudice all reports of misconduct in an effort to
- uphold the principles of accountability;
- to foster and maintain trust between the department and the community; and
- to achieve the desired degree of organizational excellence