Leticia M. Vacek, TRMC/MMC
Present & Past
Elections - Candidate Qualifications for City Council
- MUST be a citizen of the United States.
- MUST be at least 18 years old.
- MUST be a qualified voter of the City of San Antonio.
- MUST NOT have been determined mentally incapacitated by a final judgment of a court.
- MUST NOT have been finally convicted of a felony (unless pardoned or otherwise released
from the resulting disabilities).
- MUST have lived in Texas continuously for one year.
- MUST have lived in San Antonio continuously for at least one year.
- MUST have lived in the council district he or she hopes to represent at least six
months prior to filing his or her application for election and must continue to do so
during his or her term of office. (*)
(*) - If your area was annexed into the City, you MUST have lived at your residence six
months prior to annexation.
If you satisfy the above requirements, you may
complete an application.
The application must be physically filed with the Office of the City Clerk. For the May 2013 Election, the application period will be
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 to 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 1, 2013.
Office of the City Clerk, P.O. Box 839966, San Antonio, TX 78283-3966
(210)207-7253 / 7255 * Fax (210)207-7032
Hours: M-F, 7:45am - 5:00pm