Deadline extended to accept applications for the
Fire Fighters’ and Police Officers’ Civil Service Commission
Applications are being sought for the Fire Fighters’ and Police Officers’ Civil Service Commission. Citizens who wish to apply for said board may obtain an application from the Office of the City Clerk, located on the second floor of City Hall, or on the City’s website at www.sanantonio.gov/clerk.
The deadline to submit applications has been extended to Friday, December 1. In accordance with state statute, citizens who are appointed to the commission must:
- be of good moral character;
- be a United States citizen;
- be a resident of the municipality who has resided in the municipality for more than three years;
- be over twenty-five years of age; and
- not have held public office within the preceding three years, except for service on the Fire Fighters’ and Police Officers’ Civil Service Commission.
The Commission’s meeting schedule is determined by a vote of the members. Presently, the Commission’s regular meetings are held bi-weekly on Mondays at 9:00 a.m. in the Employee Relations Conference Room, Suite 123, City Hall Annex Building, 506 Dolorosa St., San Antonio, Texas 78204. Special meetings may be called from time to time which may be held at different venues.
Completed applications can be mailed to the following address:
City of San Antonio
Office of the City Clerk
ATTN: Boards and Commissions
P.O. Box 839966
San Antonio, Texas 78283-3966
Applications can also be faxed to 207-6938. For more information on this board and other City boards, please call 207-7257 or 207-7252.