Release Date: September 25, 2007
Applications Sought for At-Large Boards and Commissions
San Antonio residents are encouraged to get involved in local government by serving on a City board or commission. Applications are being accepted now for the following at-large boards and commissions:
• Planning Commission: four slots, no categories
• Municipal Civil Service Commission: four slots (Categories: two regular members; two alternate members) - specific application required
• Head Start Policy Commission: seven slots (Categories: three childhood education representatives; one medical field representative; one business representative; and two higher education – college level representatives)
• Noise Abatement Advisory Committee: six slots (Categories: two Air Transportation Advisory Commission representatives; three neighborhood association representatives; and one aviation industry representative)
• Joint City/County Citizen Bond Oversight Commission: 10 slots, no categories
The deadline to submit applications for the Planning Commission is October 4. For all other boards listed, the deadline for submission is October 19.
Citizens may apply online at www.sanantonio.gov/clerk or may obtain an application from the Office of the City Clerk, located on the second floor of City Hall. Completed applications can also be mailed or faxed to the following address:
City of San Antonio - Office of the City Clerk
For more information on any City board, call 207-7257 or 207-6937.