"Our Customer First Mission is to Deliver Exceptional Service You Can Trust!"
Customer First Mission
Department Core Values
As public sector employees for the City of San Antonio, we understand that serving the public means earning the public’s trust and support. Therefore, we will embrace the following core values in our daily work:
We believe in the highest standards of lawful and ethical conduct. Our reputation for truth, fairness and honesty is earned by each of us in our daily work.
We can best serve customers by taking the initiative to continually improve our operation. We take pride in our work, and accept responsibility for our actions.
We are entrusted with the opportunity to provide vital public services. We are dedicated to meeting the expectations of those we serve.
We believe our effectiveness increases when we work together. We will foster productive partnerships, both internally and externally, knowing that through our collective efforts we can produce excellence.
Our Customer First Promise
More than one million customers and countless visitors depend on the service provided by City of San Antonio employees. That service must be top-notch and delivered with a Customer First attitude at all times.
As City employees, we acknowledge the trust our customers have placed in us, and we promise to work diligently to protect that confidence. Here then is our pledge to the citizens of San Antonio:
- We will greet every customer professionally.
- We will introduce ourselves by name.
- We will take the time to listen carefully to every customer.
- We will demonstrate a friendly and caring attitude.
- We will clearly explain what we can and will do for the customer.
- We will provide timely, accurate and consistent direct services and information.
- We will personally assist customers to find answers to their questions.
- We will never mislead in order to appease the customer.
- We will do everything within policy to satisfy the customer’s requests and efficiently complete projects.
- We will close every interaction by asking the customer if we can help with any other matter.
Committed to Keeping the Promise
A promise made will be a promise kept. To ensure our Customer First promise, several measures are being implemented, including the following:
- Continuous customer service training will be provided to enhance our employees’ skills.
- Quarterly analysis of customer feedback brochures will be provided to the City Manager’s Office.
- Customer Focus Groups (CFG) will gauge service delivery and recommend improvements. CFG findings will be reported to the City Manager’s Office.
- Customer Service Surveys will be coordinated on a quarterly basis and provided to the City Manager’s Office.
- Customer Service will be added as a category on every employee’s yearly performance evaluation.