Visit the City of San Antonio's Human Resources job listings for current career opportunities with Metro Health. Openings with the Metro Health team are posted periodically and can be found in the department category under "SA Metro Health Dist" in the Main Job Vacancy list. Positions are also sometimes available in the Executive, Managerial, and Temporary Job Vacancies.
Through the vast array of services provided to the community by Metro Health, a multitude of opportunities exists for professional and paraprofessional internships, volunteer and work experience. Each Metro Health division offers unique avenues for professional training and service to the community. Whether your interest is in medicine, disease prevention, program support, accounting, public relations, information technology, or community service, Metro Health has opportunities for you to contribute and learn.
Metro Health has developed and coordinates training opportunities with local colleges, universities, Santa Rosa Hospital as well as area medical schools for the selection and placement of student interns for practical experience and Public Health overview rotations and programs. Metro Health is also committed to and supports local military training centers through medical student rotation programs with the Residents in Aerospace Medicine (RAMs), Air Force and Army medical and nursing students.
• Public Health Orientations- providing an orientation and discussion of public health issues and strategies to address community needs.
• Medical Rotations- based on institutional needs these rotations include orientations, tours and support projects ranging from two weeks to six weeks in length.
• Program Internships- hands-on experience can be obtained from clinical and/or community outreach efforts of Metro Health.
• Volunteer Opportunities- the community based nature of several of our programs affords the opportunity for volunteers to assist in the public health sector through promotion and support of Metro Health programs and services.
• Community Outreach- serve the community through support at area health fairs and community events, providing presentations and promotion of Metro Health services and public health education.
Current Areas of Interest:
The primary mission of Metro Health is promoting health and preventing disease among the residents and visitors of San Antonio through community health assessments, identification of unmet needs, development of policies to meet those needs, and assurance that needs are met through the development of public-private partnerships and/or the direct provision of services. Metro Health provides the opportunity for internships, volunteer and work experience in all supporting activities of this mission to include:
• Accounting Division
• Informational Technology
• Public Relations (Communications and Video Production)
• Community Outreach, Assessment and Service
• Office Support, Clerical and Records Management
• Community Education
For additional information send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.