Request a copy of your/ your child's shot record from Metro Health. (Note: Your doctor may also be able to give you a copy from SAIRS.)
What is the San Antonio Immunization Registry System (SAIRS)?
SAIRS is a computer system that collects information on shots given by over 300 San Antonio doctors and hospitals and puts it all together on one complete shot record for each of their patients- this may include you and your child. This registry has been around since 1980 and is operated by Metro Health.
Why should you get your doctor to use SAIRS?
- If you can’t find your/ your child’s shot record- it is conveniently available online to doctors, daycare centers, and schools.
- If you or your child has moved from doctor to doctor- it collects shot records from more than one provider so that your child’s record is up-to-date!
- It helps doctors remind you when vaccines are due.
- It keeps all of your/ your child’s personal information private. Read the SAIRS Notice of Privacy Practices for Patients and Parents.
- An up-to-date shot record means no extra shots for your child!
- It collects and keeps all shot records throughout your entire life.
If you would like for your/ your child's record to be available in SAIRS but your doctor is not currently participating- bring this handout with you to your next doctor's appointment:
If you do not wish to have your/ your child's information in SAIRS, please fill out and submit this form to Metro Health: