Keystone Park Historic District is comprised of the 1400 and
1500 blocks of W. Rosewood and W. Lynwood on the city’s near
northwest side. The historic district was passed by an
ordinance of City Council in August 2009 and is San Antonio’s
25th local historic district.
Originally known as Keystone Park Addition on San Antonio’s near
northwest side, the neighborhood was platted between 1908 and
1910 by Clifton George. Little growth occurred until the
1920s, when developer L.E. Fite began construction of homes
within the first phase of the neighborhood. Fite, the so
called "Sub-Division Man" of San Antonio was a prolific
developer in the early twentieth century and was responsible for
29 subdivisions around the city.
The homes within the Keystone
Park Historic District were designed primarily in the Tudor Revival
style, popular in the early twentieth century. Characteristic
features include dominant cross gables on the facades, steeply
pitched roofs, large chimneys, and arched entryways. Many
of the homes are clad with brick, stone, or stucco. The area
remains a cohesive and intact neighborhood indicative of early
twentieth century suburban development.