Deer Oaks offers a network of more than 10,000
trained specialists throughout the United States and Canada who
are available for face-to-face assessments and counseling to
employees and family members.
Are money issues causing you stress? Child leaving for college? Need legal assistance?
If you need someone to talk to about these or other issues, call the City's Employee Assistance Program!
City of San Antonio provides a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
(EAP) through Deer Oaks to ALL full-time, active non-uniform City of San Antonio employees
and their household members for mental wellness. All services provided by Deer Oaks are confidential and HIPAA-compliant.
Deer Oaks services are available to employees for both personal and professional use. The EAP can provide up to six (6) personal sessions per issue, with unlimited issues for each household member. The EAP is for short-term counseling use.
Why would I call the EAP?
- Relationship issues
- Child or adolescent issues
- Emotional or personal issues
- Legal or financial issues
- Anger management
- Community resources, including child care and elder care
- Work-related issues
Counseling services offered:
- Personal counseling
- Family counseling
- Marital counseling
- Legal counseling, including simple wills
- Financial counseling
- Group counseling
- Seminars for employees or supervisors
- Critical incidents
* Work-related services counseling can be coordinated through your department's Human Resources Generalist or by contacting the Employee Wellness Program at (210) 207-WELL or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take the High Road on the Highway:
- Catch a cab home if you cannot drive yourself, submit your receipt, and get reimbursed by Deer Oaks; call (210) 615-8880 for more information
- Online tools and resources:
- Log on to www.deeroaks.com to access more helpful information and services
- Username and password: cosa and cosa
- Parents at Work Program:
- Counseling for new parents returning to work
- Referrals to community resources
- Legal / financial consultation resources
- Free initial 30 minute consultation with an attorney or financial professional; discounts for ongoing services
- Free simple will
- Free review of legal documents up to six (6) pages
- Child and elder care referrals, information and resources
- College and relocation assistance