HR Logo
Header FAQS
Main Menu

HR Department

General FAQs

If I am building a new home or other type of development, where do I go to get my questions answered and
my site plans approved?

The Development Services Department can be utilized as a resource for finalizing zoning, subdivision and site plan applications, in addition to providing technical assistance, maps, etc. Applications and information may be obtained at the Development Services Department located at 1901 South Alamo. The telephone number is (210) 207-1111.

Who do I call about an interruption in my electric service?
City Public Service is the City of San Antonio's community power source. For new, stop or transfer service you may call the Customer Call Center at (210) 353-2222 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

You may also visit a Customer Service Centers which are open on weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the following locations:
911 S W.W. White Rd at Lone Oak Mall
803 Castroville Road, Suite 406 at Las Palmas Center
7000 San Pedro, near Oblate

To report power outages or damaged power lines, call (210) 353-HELP, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Who do I call when my garbage has not been picked up?
You may contact a 3-1-1 representative with your concerns or issues.

Who can help trim tree limbs lying on electric lines, covering signs or lying on the road?
You may contact a City Public Service representative to request tree trimming at (210) 353-HELP. For tree branches in the right of way, please contact 3-1-1 for assistance.

Who do I call about police-related non-emergencies?
You may contact the Police Department at (210) 207-7273 for all non-emergencies.

How do I report a pothole or concern about street construction?
To report a pothole or concern about street construction, please contact 3-1-1 for assistance.

If I have to work in the Right of Way, do I need a permit? Do I need to be licensed?
Yes, you must be licensed and bonded in order to receive a permit. For more information please call the Public Works Dept at
(210) 207-6949 or you may go to

Who do I call to dispose of a dead animal?
The Solid Waste Services Department will collect dead animals from the public rights of way and will collect a dead animal placed at the curb. Please contact 3-1-1 for assistance.

Who do I call to report a stray or lost animal?
You can help a stray animal during an emergency situation by contacting 3-1-1, the City's Customer Service Line. Inform the service representative of the following so that appropriate action can be taken in a timely manner.

Immediately call 911 if you or someone else has been physically attacked by a dog. Remember! It's State Law that all animal bites must be reported to Animal Care Services. You may call the bite main line at (210) 207-6667 or (210) 207-6668 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Page 1 Page 2