The City of San Antonio's mission is to deliver quality City services and commit to achieve San Antonio's vision of prosperity for our diverse vibrant and historic community.
Our approximately, 12,000 employees are critical in the delivery of quality services to the residents of the City of San Antonio. The commitment our employees demonstrate to their jobs and to the advancement of the City's goals is the key to our success in mission accomplishment.
The City of San Antonio has identified five core values "to efficiently and effectively inspire, motivate, lead, develop and empower employees in order to serve the public economically, ethically, equitably and continuously improve and promote the high performance of government."
To ensure commitment to these values and to further integrate them with our organizational mission and vision, it is imperative that we seek these behaviors in the people we hire.
City of San Antonio Values
• Excellence - To create an organizational environment that encourages excellence in public service
• Professionalism - To exhibit personal conscientiousness through courtesy, honesty and respect in working with customers and co-workers
• Integrity - To model honesty and transparency through open government
• Innovation - To promote continuous improvement
• Accountability - To take ownership of performance and the team's success
Additionally, to complement the City of San Antonio's values we feel that our employees need to have certain competencies. A competency is a skill, trait or behavior that leads to a desired performance result. The City of San Antonio has identified five basic competencies that are instrumental in the accomplishment of the City's mission and in successful job performance. These competencies are also used in the annual appraisal process of City employees.
City of San Antonio Competencies
• Accountability - The ability to take responsibility for one's individual actions and remain focused on the goals and objectives of the City of San Antonio
• Communication - The process by which information is transmitted and understood. Communication includes both oral and written skills
• Customer Service - The ability to anticipate and meet the needs of the City of San Antonio's internal and external customers
• Leadership and Development - The process of influencing individual and group activities toward the achievement of the City of San Antonio's department, division and individual employee goals and objectives
• Teamwork - The ability to work well with others and offer support, identify problems and find solutions to meet the goals and objectives of the City of San Antonio
By clicking the "I Agree" button below, this will advance you to our job announcements, you are committing to uphold and value the City of San Antonio's values and competencies should you become an employee of the City of San Antonio.