Child Care Services
The Child Care Services (CCS) division of the City of San Antonio provides child care and provider management services for Bexar County, and 12 surrounding areas including: Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, McMullen, Medina and Wilson.
The Child Care Services Program provides child care subsidies to an average of 9,000 children per day through more than 600 local child care providers. Child care services are available for both full and part-time care for qualifying families. Qualified families may encounter a wait period for service availability. To qualify for CCS, individuals must meet certain criteria:
- Child(ren) must be under 13 years of age (Under 19 years of age for a child with disabilities)
- Families income must not exceed 85% of the state median income (see Income Eligibility Guidelines)
- Single parent working or in training/school at least 25 hours per week? OR
Two-parent household with both parents working or in training/school, with each parent averaging 25 hours per week?
Those eligible for child care assistance include:
- Parents who are receiving Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF),
- Parents who have recently stopped receiving TANF benefits because of earned income,
- Parents with low incomes who need help paying for child care so they can continue to work or attend school,
- Teen parents from low-income families who need child care to attend school
- Parents with low incomes who have children with disabilities, and
- Parents who meet the definition of experiencing homelessness