PO Box 839966
San Antonio, Texas 78283
Inner City TIRZ #11
Description: This TIRZ was designated in 2000 to support
redevelopment and public infrastructure improvements within the boundaries of
the following three enterprise zones: 1) Enterprise Community Enterprise Zone 2)
Eastside Enterprise Zone 3) Southside Enterprise Zone. These areas encompass
portions of the City's downtown, east and south sides. The zone is approximately
2.5 square miles and is expected to capture $16.5 million in tax increment in
its life of 14.79 years.
- Hays Street Bridge - Restoration of this historic bridge brought a much
anticipated link to downtown from the city's eastside.
- Eastside Sports Complex - In addition to improving the attractiveness of
the neighborhood, this facility offers positive alternatives for
neighborhood youth that reside in poor distressed neighborhoods and face
social problems that range from crime, drug use and gangs.
- Quiet Zone - This project relieves noise along the Union Pacific rail
line from Essex Street on the south to Sherman Street on the north, a major
economic development commercial node, and will facilitate further commercial
development in the area.
- University of the Incarnate Word Eastside Eye Clinic - This clinic will
offer an optometry clinic and pharmaceutical, nursing and nutritional
counseling. TIRZ funding will enable discounted services to the surrounding
- Dr. Frank Bryant Family Health Center - This project will add an
estimated 64 new full-time jobs and serve over 22,000 patients in its first
Back to City-Initiated TIRZ
Back to Success Stories