The intent of Operation Facelift is to reverse the deterioration of commercial structures, promote consistency in design, and create aesthetically pleasing environments while assisting property owners with the appropriate exterior rehabilitation of their buildings and bring them up to City Code. Tenants or property owners in target areas are encouraged to apply for matching funds up, reimbursed upon completion of project.
Matching amounts vary based on target area and funding availability.
- Applications may be submitted for commercial properties, either owner or tenant occupied, within target area.
- Property cannot be residential/ mixed use
- Mixed use buildings with retail/ commercial storefront uses may be considered.
- Properties used primarily as residences
- Sectarian or religious facilities
- Sexually oriented businesses
- Check cashing agencies
- Non-bank financial retail outlets
- Liquor stores
- Gun shops
Operation Facelift funds facade improvement projects. All improvements must be permanent or fixed and must comply with applicable design standards, guidelines and applicable city codes. Eligible improvements may include, but are not limited to:
- Complete facade rehabilitation;
- Replacement of broken window panes, aluminum or wood windows and broken store front glass;
- Scraping, priming, and painting of window frames, cornice and store front;
- Painting of surfaces previously painted;
- Cited interior and exterior code violations (must provide citation);
Signage: Unlighted or exterior lighting
Download our Application Form
PO Box 839966
San Antonio, TX 78283
1 (210) 207-4686
Monday - Friday: 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM
Undergoing a Facelift!
Our first selected project of 2014: Conceptual design created by consultants based on property/business needs
The restaurant on 1815 Fredericksburg will be expanding their service area with a new weather control pergola
- June 6: Deadline to submit application for final round of selected projects.
- June 7: Operation Facelift open to CDBG eligible areas. Send inquiry.