Pet Care Tips
Getting a new pet is a big decision and one that should not be made on a whim. Think carefully about getting a pet - commit to providing a "furever" home.
Check out these tips below to ensure you:
- Prevent unwanted litters and spay/neuter your pet.
- Ensure your pet is licensed annually via microchip, a permanent form of identifying your pet.
- Know the local animal laws. Follow them.
- Keep your pet on leash in public or inside your house or enclosed yard when at home.
- Provide a nutritious and well-balanced diet and groom your pet regularly.
- Provide suitable shelter and protection from extreme heat or cold.
- Respect our water supply, your neighbors, and public places - clean up after your pet.
- Protect your pet from diseases by keeping their vaccinations up to date.
- Ensure your pet is sociable and well trained.
What if you find a litter of seemingly abandoned puppies or kittens? Check out this helpful video for useful tips that apply for both canine and feline little ones! And be sure to read up on what to do if you find a pet on our Found A Pet page here.