COVID19 UPDATE FOR OUR VOLUNTEERS!
In light of our community's ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Animal Care Services is offering limited volunteer opportunities on site until further notice. We will also not be able to accept any new volunteer applications at the moment. This decision has been made out of an overabundance of caution to protect our valued volunteers and staff while supporting the City's Stay Home, Work Safe order. Please check back for more information in the coming weeks! If you want to help the pets at ACS, please check out our Foster Program here and sign up with this application.
There are remote volunteer projects available and weekly on-site volunteer events available for new volunteers at this time! Please email email@example.com for more info.
As always, thank you for your interest in helping the pets of Animal Care Services!
Volunteer - Get Involved!
We are always in need of animal lovers who can volunteer their time to bathe, groom, walk and socialize with our furry companions. However, we also need volunteers to help in other ways as well; including groundwork, administrative work, off-site events, photography, laundry, and much, much more. Volunteers enable us to give our animals the care and attention they need and deserve. We could not do it without their help!
Want to find out more about our volunteer program, be sure to check out our current and past Volunteer Newsletters!
All onsite volunteers must complete a background check.
The following offenses will exclude you from our volunteer program:
- Any offense relating to theft, burglary, fraud, arson, or breaking and entering
- Any drug-related offense
- Any violent offense, including, but not limited to:
- Animal Cruelty
- Assault and Battery
- Household Assault
- Injury to a Child
- Domestic Violence
Please view our ACS Volunteer handbook here. This is a detailed guide of our volunteer policies, procedures, and expectations.
firstname.lastname@example.org along with a completed Group Volunteer Application. A minimum of two weeks advance notice required to schedule a group. Please note that our weekend dates book up 1-2 months in advance. We can accommodate most groups with 12 volunteers or fewer, although we may have special projects available for larger groups onsite or offsite from time to time. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator
for more information. Be advised that, because of safety issues with our pets and your group, there may be little to no interaction with animals for large scale group projects.
Remote Group Projects: We also have a robust remote group volunteer program! Please view the Remote Volunteer Group Project guide here for additional instruction.
Shelter Paws Program
Our Shelter Paws program lets you take a dog for the day - or even a few hours - in the hopes of making that dog more friendly and adoptable, and giving the dog a break from the shelter! Take a walk in the park, go for a hike or a run, watch a movie at home, or get a puppuccino! To participate, you must:
- Be 18 years old
- Have a photo ID
- Have a reliable vehicle
- Be dog friendly!
To sign up, click this link: Sign up here!If you have questions, please email: email@example.com.
- Volunteer positions available in most areas of the on-site as well as off-site events (Off-Site Adoption Events, ACS Mascots, Satellite Cat Adoption Centers, Community Education Events, etc.)
- Upcoming orientation dates are sent by e-mail; RSVP is required to attend.
- Minimum age to volunteer on-site is 12 years old.
- Volunteers ages 12-15 must have a parent volunteer with them.
- Volunteers age 16-17 can volunteer on their own with parental consent.
- Extra training provided for certain tasks.
- $10 suggested donation covers T-shirt, nametag, ACS lanyard, etc.
Community Service Volunteering
We do not currently have a separate community service program at ACS. However, if you are able to commit to the minimum time requirements for regular volunteering (3 months minimum, 3 times a month), you may sign up to become an onsite volunteer and, if approved, your volunteer time will count toward your community service hours.
Group Volunteer Activities and Tours
- Group Tours/One-Time Group Projects: If you have a group that would like a tour of our facility or that would like to volunteer for a one-time community project, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at