Stuff happens...but that doesn't mean you have to give up your pet.
Need help with pet food? ACS has a donation-based Pet Pantry to help you out on temporary basis.
- Proof of spay/neuter
- Proof of current rabies vaccination
- Proof of need (current government assistance information, Medicare, Medicaid, disability, etc.)
- Proof of registered microchip
Pet Pantry Hours
- Wednesdays: 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturdays: 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
City holidays and unforeseen circumstances including staffing, operational or supply issues may affect Pet Pantry throughout the year. Animal Care Services will post closure information as quickly as we are able on the shelter's Facebook page and annex building doors. Due to the Christmas and New Year's Holidays, the Pet Pantry will be CLOSED the following days:
Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - PET PANTRY CLOSED
- Saturday, December 29, 2018 - PET PANTRY CLOSED
- Wednesday, January 2, 2019 - PET PANTRY CLOSED
The ACS Pet Pantry is operated solely through donations and is meant to provide temporary assistance for San Antonio pet owners who are struggling to provide for their companion animals. Donations needed for the pet pantry include:
- Dry or canned dog or cat food, any brand, any size
- 1-gallon or 2-gallon Ziploc (or similar) bags
- Cat litter, any brand, any size
- Dog or cat treats, any brand, any size
- Fleece material for blanket making
- Towels and linens-Used is fine, clean please!
- Flea & tick preventative for dogs and/or cats – any kind
- Heartworm preventative – any kind
- Empty cat litter buckets
- Other gently used pet supplies
Donations can be dropped off at the Annex Building during business hours. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 210.207.6644 for more information or if you would like a volunteer to pick up large scale donations.
Call 210.207.6644 for more information. Click on the pet pantry flyer here.