Pet Pantry-In partnership with Daisy Cares
Stuff happens...but that doesn't mean you have to give up your pet.
IIn an effort to better serve you and your pets, Animal Care
Services is announcing an exciting new community partnership with Daisy Cares!
ACS will be transferring the entirety of our Pet Pantry food stores to Daisy Cares for distribution to their pantries Wednesday, December 19, 2018 after which their locations throughout San Antonio will oversee the pet food assistance program.
How will this impact you and your pet(s) during this coming transition? Based on your specific Pet Pantry agreement:
- If you are due to visit the pantry before Wednesday, December 19th, please come to the ACS Pet Pantry for your last pet food pickup.
- If you are due to visit the pantry after Wednesday, December 19th, please contact a Daisy Cares client services coordinator to determine the pantry closest to you.
We’re excited this new partnership will help former ACS Pet Pantry clients find assistance closer to home because Daisy Cares is a large organization with more than 60 pet pantries throughout Bexar County! Their client services team can help you find a location that closest to you by phone at (210) 431-8326 or toll free at 1-800-246-9121. Daisy Cares is a not-for-profit
organization which was founded with the mission to provide pet food, urgent or
emergency funds for veterinary care, and reduce animal abuse through pet
education and awareness.
Because this program cannot exist without donations, ACS will act as a donation drop off point to help Daisy Cares provide temporary assistance for San Antonio pet owners struggling to provide for their companion animals. Donations needed include:
- Dry or canned dog or cat food, any brand, any size
- Cat litter, any brand, any size
- Dog or cat treats, any brand, any size
- Towels and linens-Used is fine, no pillows please--they cannot be used by the program.
- Flea & tick preventative for dogs and/or cats – any kind
- Heartworm preventative – any kind
Donations can be dropped off at the Annex Building during business hours. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 210.207.6576 for more information or if you would like a volunteer to pick up large scale donations.