Lost Your Pet?
Losing your pet is stressful—both for you and your pet. Please include Animal Care Services in your search for your pet. It is always recommended that you walk through the kennels in the facility to assure your pet is not here. Don’t walk through the shelter just once; it is recommended you walk through at least every other day. If your dog is licensed or microchipped; we will attempt to contact you so you can be reunited with your pet. It is vitally important any phone numbers connected to your pet’s license or microchip are on file and up to date.
Other things you can do to find your pet….
- Visit our online adoption & pet search for lost pets
- Post flyers in your neighborhood
- Reach "Lost Dogs of Texas" on Facebook to create a free flyer and post on social media
- Check any of the surrounding shelters in the area
- Ask your neighbors, mail carrier, or any other person in the neighborhood if they've seen your pet
- With the school’s permission – post your flyers on campus
- Place an ad in the local newspaper and offer a reward if found
- Check your local newspaper in the "found" section
- Contact Man & Beast at 210.590.PETS (7387)
Don’t give up! Keep looking. Pets are resilient and can travel – often long distances.
Reclaiming Your Pet
If you locate your pet at Animal Care Services, find out more information on how to reclaim your pet.