Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program for Federally Funded Projects and Airport Concessions
DBEs Build Our Future
One of the San Antonio International Airport's (SAIA) objectives is to facilitate Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) participation for contractual opportunities at the San Antonio International Airport System. SAIA strongly encourages businesses to explore their eligibility for DBE certification with the South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (SCTRCA). A unified certification process, herein referred to as the Texas Unified Certification Program (TUCP), was created in response to a mandate to implement a “ one stop ” certification process for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs). The City of San Antonio is a member of the TUCP and utilizes the services of the South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (SCTRCA), which uses the certification standards of 49 CFR Parts 23 and 26 to determine the eligibility of firms to participate as DBEs in federally-assisted contracts. The City will recognize all DBEs certified by the TUCP throughout the State of Texas. To be certified as a DBE, a firm must meet all certification eligibility standards. However, certification does not guarantee the award of City contracts.
A DBE/ACDBE is a for-profit small business concern that is at least 51% owned by one or more individuals who are both socially and economically disadvantaged or, in the case of a corporation, in which 51% of the stock is owned by one or more such individuals; and whose management and daily business operations are controlled by one or more of the socially and economically disadvantaged individuals who own it.
- A small business concern is a firm whose annual gross revenues or number of employees do not exceed the limits applicable to the type of business as determined by the US Small Business Administration Table of Small Business Size Standards.
- Individuals who are African American, Hispanic American, Asian Pacific-American, Native American or women are presumed to be socially and economically disadvantaged if their personal net worth does not exceed the net worth limit.
- Individuals whose socially and economically disadvantaged status is relied upon for DBE certification must show that their individual net worth does not exceed $1.32 million. For purposes of establishing net worth, the following items are excluded:
- The equity in the individual's primary residence; and
- The equity in the business which is applying for the DBE status.
- Companies wishing to operate an airport concession should seek ACDBE certification. All others should seek DBE certification. The South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency is a certifying member of the Texas Unified Certification Program (TUCP).
If your firm is certified as a DBE, your business:
- Will have the opportunity to bid on contracts for all Department of Transportation (DoT) modes statewide (Aviation, Highways, and Transit).
- Will have access to information on statewide DBE contracting opportunities.
- Will be listed in a DBE directory which will be posted on the internet and updated monthly.
To apply for DBE certification, please contact the SCTRCA at 210.227.4722 or sctrca.org
Proposed DBE and ACDBE Goals
San Antonio Airport System Notice of Proposed Goals for the Participation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in Department of Transportation Assisted Contracts October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2022.
Public Notice of FY 2020- 2022 Proposed DBE Goals (Word)
San Antonio Airport System Notice of Proposed Goals for the Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in Department of Transportation Assisted Contracts October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2020
Public Notice of FY 2018 – 2020 of Proposed ACDBE Goals (Word)
San Antonio Airport System
9800 Airport Blvd. • San Antonio, TX 78216
Phone: 210.207.SAIA (7242) • Fax: 210.207.3500