SAAS Badge Process
Step 1: Application
- Contact your company’s Authorized Signatory to receive the secure link to the online application.
- Complete all sections of the online application and select, “Next Step” to schedule your own appointment time.
- Follow up with your company designated Authorized Signatory before your appointment to ensure they have approved your application and that it has been submitted to the San Antonio International Airport Personnel Identification Office. Authorized Signatories must approve all applications 24 hours before employee scheduled appointment times.
Step 2: Background Check / Identification Documents
The issuance of a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge requires individuals to pass both a Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and a Security Threat Assessment (STA).
You must provide identification documents that show proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Click here for a list of acceptable documents or visit the DHS website.
- Make sure that you bring 2 forms of identification with you to your appointment. You must also bring your old SIDA badge if you have a renewal or exchange appointment.
- Please do not be late for your appointment or you may have to reschedule.
- During your scheduled appointment individuals being fingerprinted are also required to take the SIDA training class. This class can be completed in 1 hour.
- If you were born in the United States please allow 7-14 days for your CHRC and STA to be completed. If you were born outside of the United States the CHRC and STA process may take 1-4 weeks.
Fingerprint appointments may take 1-2 hours to complete all necessary processing and training.
Renewal, exchange, or replacement appointments may take 30-90 minutes to complete all necessary processing.
Step 3: Badge Issuance
The Badge and ID Office is located at
9623 W. Terminal Dr., Bldg #1322
San Antonio, TX 78216
- After receiving approval on your CHRC and STA you will receive a phone call (placed to the number you put on your application) to pick up your badge from the San Antonio International Airport Personnel Identification Office.
9623 W. Terminal Dr. Bldg 1322
San Antonio, TX 78216
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
8:00 am – 11:30 am
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- If your job requires an Airfield Drivers License, arrangements can be made through Airport Operations by
- If you need parking access to employee parking, arrangements can be made through Aviation Parking by