The City’s GAP is responsible for abating graffiti on sidewalks, curbs, improved drainage easements and retaining walls. In addition, the GAP assists owners and tenants of private property with the abatement of graffiti and provision of abatement supplies. The GAP also proactively abates CPS Energy infrastructure including wooden poles, metal poles and towers.
The City will provide free paint and supplies. City staff will assist with graffiti removal for elderly and disabled citizens upon request.
who is responsible for graffiti prevention and clean up in the San Antonio area
The GAP works with other city departments in addition to public and private companies to abate and prevent graffiti on properties/infrastructure.
Five other City departments are responsible for graffiti abatement on select City property/infrastructure.
- San Antonio Public Library - Central and branch library locations
- Parks & Recreation Department - Parks, greenways, natural areas
- Downtown Operations Department - Downtown City property/infrastructure
- Public Works/Transportation & Capital Improvements - Traffic signs and signals, guardrails
- Building & Equipment Services Department - All other City-owned buildings/infrastructure
More information is available on the Graffiti Volunteer page.
The public and private companies include the following
(contact information is provided on the right):
- Time Warner Cable
- Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)
- VIA Metropolitan