Kevin W. Barthold
Kevin Barthold Kevin W. Barthold was appointed San Antonio City Auditor in February 2012 after serving in an interim capacity since February 2011. Kevin joined the City in September
2008 and served as an Audit Manager prior to his current appointment. As City Auditor, Kevin leads a team responsible for conducting performance, compliance, and technology audits of all City departments, offices, agencies, and programs. He reports directly to the Mayor and City Council.
Kevin has over 27 years of internal audit experience in multiple industries. He has served in management capacities at USAA, San Antonio Credit Union, and Argo Group International.
He is active in the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) serving the local chapter as Associate Trustee, Board member, and Nominating Committee member. At the international level, Kevin recently completed 9 years of service on the IIA Committee of Research and Education with oversight responsibility to provide guidance on the direction of IIA educational product development and research.
He also frequently speaks to accounting and business groups at various universities and has presented audit topics at audit group luncheons.
B.B.A. Accounting, University of Texas at San Antonio
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Board Member
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Association of Local Government Auditors (ALGA)
- Greater San Antonio Ethics and Compliance Roundtable (GSAECR), Board Member