Contact: Leticia Vacek, TRMC/CMC/MMC or
Melinda L. Uriegas / 207-7253; email@example.com
SAN ANTONIO (Feb. 16, 2017) – The deadline to file an application for the May 6 City Council General Election ballot is 5 p.m. on Friday, February 17, 2017. Applications will be accepted in the Office of the City Clerk, located in City Hall.
Qualified Candidates must:
- Be a Citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a registered voter of the City of San Antonio
- Have resided in in San Antonio for at least one year before filing an application for the ballot
- Have resided in their respective City Council district for at least six months before filing an application the ballot
If a Candidate decides to withdraw their application for a place on the ballot; the last day to file a certificate of withdrawal is 5 p.m. on Friday, February 24, 2017.
Early voting by personal appearance for the May 6, General Election begins on Monday, April 24 and ends Tuesday, May 2.
The drawing for a place on the Ballot will be held on Monday, February 20, 2017, at 9 a.m. in Council Chambers of the Municipal Plaza Building, located at 114 W. Commerce and is open to the public.
To obtain additional information regarding the Election, please visit http://www.sanantonio.gov/ElectionsCampaignFinance/City-Elections#13227904-upcoming-elections or contact Melinda L. Uriegas, Assistant City Clerk, at 207-7253.