CONTACT: Leticia Vacek, TRMC/CMC/MMC
Melinda L. Uriegas, TRMC, 210-207-7253
SAN ANTONIO (Feb. 15, 2019) – The deadline to file an application for a place on the May 4 City Council general election ballot is 5 p.m. today. Applications will be accepted in the Office of the City Clerk, located in the Municipal Plaza Building, 114 W. Commerce, first floor.
Qualified Candidates must:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be a registered voter of the City of San Antonio;
- have resided in San Antonio for at least 1 year prior to filing an application for a place on the ballot;
- have resided in their respective City Council District for at least 6 months prior to filing an application for a place on the ballot;
- submit two supplemental documents verifying residency
- remit $100 in the form of cash, check or money order to comply with filing fee requirement (credit cards are not accepted)
Early voting by personal appearance for the May 4 general election begins on Monday, April 22 and ends Tuesday, April 30. The drawing for a place on the ballot will be held on 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19 in City Council Chambers, Municipal Plaza Building. The drawing is open to the public.
To obtain additional information regarding the election, visit https://www.sanantonio.gov/ElectionsCampaignFinance/City-Elections - 13227904-upcoming-elections or contact Melinda L. Uriegas, Assistant City Clerk, at 210-207-7253.