CONTACT: Carlos Valenzuela, 210-207-3919
SAN ANTONIO (June 1, 2020) —To protect the health and well-being of San Antonio residents and limit the spread of COVID-19, starting Wed. June 3, the San Antonio City Council will host its usual public comment session virtually immediately following the conclusion of the City Council’s regularly scheduled B session meetings. At the discretion of the Council Committee Chairperson, some City Council Committee meetings may host public comment.
“Providing our residents with the option to voice their comments virtually will help us limit the spread of COVID-19 in the community while also fulfilling our duty as elected officials to help residents stay engaged and share their ideas,” said Mayor Ron Nirenberg.
San Antonio residents can begin submitting comments starting on the Monday morning before the Wednesday evening comment period.
The public can provide public comment in four ways:
- Email comments to email@example.com
- Leave a voice message at (210) 207-6991. Voice message comments are limited to 300 words transcribed;
- Drop off written comments at the Office of the City Clerk located at 114 W. Commerce, San Antonio, Texas 78205. Written comments are limited to 300 words; or
- Through a live call-back option. To request a live call-back, the resident should include his or her name, telephone number, and topic on which they would like to speak in their voice message at (210) 207-6991. Live call-back comment time limits will be determined by the Chair of the meeting.
Residents can provide comments in English or Spanish. Interpretation services will be provided when requested in advance.
FOUR WAYS TO SIGN UP FOR COVID-19 ALERTS
- Download the Ready South Texas app, available in the iTunes and Google Play stores
- Text COSAGOV to 55000 to receive SMS text message updates
- Follow @COSAGOV on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Bookmark www.SanAntonio.gov