CONTACT: Tina Flores, LPEC, (210) 207-7253
Melinda Uriegas, (210) 207-7253
SAN ANTONIO (Oct.15, 2020) – Residents with varied backgrounds and experiences who are interested in making a difference in the community are encouraged to apply for vacancies on City of San Antonio Boards and Commissions.
“The City of San Antonio strives for more equitable representation on our Boards and Commissions. The vacancies represent various critical functions of the City and we want to see applicants from the entire community apply for these seats. I’d like to especially encourage women and persons of color to apply,” said City Clerk Tina Flores.
The City’s Boards and Commissions provide individuals interested in City government the opportunity to perform an invaluable public service by broadening the forum for community input.
The Office of the City Clerk announces vacancies available on the following boards and commissions:
- Airport Advisory Commission (At-Large with Categories)
- Building-Related and Fire Codes Appeals and Advisory Board (At-Large with Categories)
- Citizen Advisory Action Board (At-Large)
- City Commission on Veterans Affairs (District Appointed)
- Disability Access Advisory Committee (District Appointed)
- Ethics Review Board (District Appointed)
- Historic and Design Review Commission (District Appointed)
- Parks and Recreation Board (District Appointed)
- San Antonio Arts Commission (District Appointed)
- San Antonio Public Library Board of Trustees (District Appointed)
- Small Business Advocacy Committee (District Appointed)
- Westside Development Corporation
- Zoning Board of Adjustment (District Appointed & At-Large)
- Zoning Commission (District Appointed)
Many other vacancies exist and you may apply online for any position or board by visiting https://www.sanantonio.gov/clerk