CONTACT: Tina J. Flores, City Clerk
SAN ANTONIO (APRIL 30, 2021) – The priority deadline for applications has been extended to May 14, 2021 for positions on the Small Business Advisory Commission. Applications can be found online using the City’s web-based application for boards and commissions at: https://webapp9.sanantonio.gov/BoardCommApplication/vacancies.
During this deadline extension, the City of San Antonio is seeking applications specifically for the following categories:
- Small business owners representing the City’s targeted industries to include the following: bioscience/healthcare, IT/cybersecurity, advanced manufacturing (e.g., aerospace/automotive), and new energy.
- Small business professional and/or trade organizations
- Non-profit small business service provider organizations
The mission of the Small Business Advisory Commission is to review upcoming policies, regulations and issues affecting small businesses, outside of the SBEDA Ordinance, and provide recommendations to City staff, Mayor and City Council.
The newly established Small Business Advisory Commission will consist of 15-members, of which 11 positions will be Mayor and Council District specific appointments and four positions appointed at-large. The 15-Member Commission will consist of at least one small business member/organization residing and/or operating within each of the ten (10) Council Districts; and a diverse representation of the small business and non-profit community who demonstrate the following desired technical expertise, identities, and perspectives:
- 2 small business professional and/or trade organizations
- 2 non-profit small business service provider organizations
- 4 small business owners with less than 10 employees
- 4 small business owners with 10-50 employees
- 3 small business owners representing the City’s targeted industries
To learn more about the Small Business Advisory Commission, visit the City of San Antonio’s website. For more information about the open positions, contact Aurora Perkins, Deputy City Clerk, at (210) 207-7253.