View the San Antonio City Attorney's Office prosecution section.
To facilitate and enhance the prosecution of domestic violence Class C misdemeanor cases and thereby quickly intervene and provide for the victim's safety, hold the batterer accountable, and prevent the violence from escalating into more dangerous crimes.
- Shift the burden of filing and prosecuting from the victim to the State of Texas
- Aggressively prosecute Class C misdemeanor cases to enable the Court to mandate Battering Intervention Programs for perpetrators
- Provide initial and follow-up services to victims and their families
- Provide victims with referrals for other resources in the community
- Provide continual training in domestic violence issues for law enforcement, legal, and judicial members of the justice system
- Educate the community at large in order to reduce the incidence of domestic violence
View brochures "Domestic Violence: A Personal Safety Plan" and "Defending Yourself Against Stalking".
For further information contact a member of the Early Intervention Domestic Violence Team at
401 S. Frio
San Antonio, TX 78207