Did you know City Ordinances require sidewalks to be maintained by property owners as an extension of their front yards?
- Keeping sidewalks free from any defects and hazards or obstructions such as mailboxes, basketball hoops, parked cars, trash cans, shrubbery or fences. (Code of Ordinances, City of San Antonio, Sec. 29-11, and Sec. 6-1) Citation and Fine of up to $500.00 (Sec. 1-5)
- Keeping all trees and shrubs on the premises well trimmed so they will not overhang the sidewalks or streets in such a manner as to interfere with free passage. (Code of Ordinances, City of San Antonio, Sec. 29-10)
The Americans with Disabilities Act require sidewalks to have:
- Stable, firm, slip-resistant flat rolling surface
- 36-inch minimum clear-width unobstructed path
- Minimum vertical clearance of 80-inches
Contact us or call 311.