BuildSA is on track to go live with the Code Enforcement and Building/Fire Permits and License Registration releases this fall.
Code Enforcement will launch on Sept. 21, 2020 and Building/Fire Permits and License Registration on Nov. 30. The timeline shows activities scheduled over the next couple of months for the upcoming releases.
To prepare for the launch dates, critical activities will take place including User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and training.
UAT is essential to the success of the go live event. It allows us to test the system and identify issues that may surface once released. Issues found during UAT are corrected prior to the launch to avoid potential problems. Staff and development community stakeholders will participate in UAT.
Training for each release will be conducted online and via WebEx. The online training sessions will be led by SMEs. Each class will have a small number of participants to make sure the training is conducive to learning the system well and will offer a Q&A session. Online tutorials will also be available for self-paced learning. Training for staff and customers will continue after each launch to ensure all those using BuildSA are familiar with its functionality.
Did you know?
BuildSA brings convenience, efficiency and management of records to your fingertips, making it easier to do business with us. Highlights include:
- Customers can access BuildSA 24x7 to request services or perform various functions such as pay fees, check application status and upload documents
- BuildSA will enable customers to pay some fees in phases
- In-flight records will remain in Hansen for approximately six months after go-live. After six months open permit records will be transferred to BuildSA
- All issued Certificate of Occupancy certificates will be migrated from Hansen to BuildSA for easier access
- Escrow accounts will be closed in Hansen and refund fees will be waived
During this time of transition, we will be operating under two systems, Hansen and BuildSA. In the meantime, be assured we will have plenty of training opportunities for our customers in the coming months, along with tutorials for self-paced learning.
Our BuildSA team will be available as work continues through 2021. During this period:
- additional training will be scheduled as needed
- feedback from stakeholders will be garnered and assessed
- backlog items and other changes to the system will be implemented
- the BuildSA Team will work with customers and staff to help during the transition
For questions, please email us at email@example.com.