Development Services
TABC Requirements

Office & Location

Development Services Department Map

Cliff Morton Development and Business Services Center
1901 South Alamo Street
San Antonio, TX 78204

Visit our Office
Includes visitor check in information and safety measures at DSD.


7:45 am - 4:30 pm (Mon - Fri)
Closed on City Holidays

If you are opening up a bar, restaurant, liquor store or serving alcohol then you will need an alcoholic beverage permit to sell or serve alcoholic products in San Antonio. This permit is issued by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC). After you apply with the TABC, you will be provided with a package and will be required to obtain Development Services’ approval on the Certificate of the City Secretary on Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) Prequalification Package.

To assist you with understanding the steps you will need to take to obtain our approval, we developed Information Bulletin 168. This Information Bulletin includes the applications as well as guidance on how to collect, prepare and submit the following documents:

  • Certified survey map of the property prepared by a licensed survey or state licensed engineer which indicates that you meet the locational requirements to sell alcohol.
  • Applicant affidavit stating you are aware of the locational requirements and any violations may result in suspension and or revocation of your certificate of occupancy.
  • Authorization by Property Owner giving the applicant permission to sell alcoholic products.

In addition to a TABC license to sell alcohol, you will need to obtain a new or updated Certificate of Occupancy from Development Services, as well as City of San Antonio and Bexar County alcohol licenses.

Forms & Applications:

Connect with the Development Services Department Logo

Development Services Department

Contact Development Services Department Development Services Department Facebook CityPass Development Services Department Sign Up
One Stop Zoning Map
Permit Reports

Our Core Values