no permit required
The following list of construction or remodeling projects typically do not require a permit.
- One-story detached accessory structures used as tool and storage sheds, playhouses and similar uses, provided the floor area does not exceed 300 sq.ft.
- Cabinets & counter tops
- Carpeting and wood/laminate flooring
- Painting, plastering, repairing of sheet rock, wallpapering and tiling
- Retaining walls less than 4 ft. (See IB 171 for specific requirements)
- Sidewalks and driveways inside your property line
- Swings and playground equipment
- Window repair (replacing of broken glass only)
- Replacing of existing doors on current hinges
- Replacing of new siding over existing siding
While the above list may not require our department’s services, if your property is located in a Historic, Neighborhood Conservation or Corridor District, there may be restrictions on the design and materials used. For more information, please call 210.207.1111.