Development Services Department organizes several San Antonio Building Codes Academy (SABCA) sessions per year with the goal of bringing high-quality educators and necessary building-related codes training for code officials, design professionals, builders, tradesmen and building owners and managers.
2019 Spring San Antonio Building Codes Academy (SABCA)
Save the date for the next SABCA training sessions to be held at the Phil Hardberger Park Urban Ecology Center, Gathering Hall, 8400 N.W. Military Highway, San Antonio, TX, 78231. Training sessions are as follows:
- March and April training sessions run from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- March 25-26, 2019: One & Two-Family Dwelling Electrical Systems
- April 8-9, 2019: 2018 IRC Braced Wall Provisions
One- & Two-Family Dwelling Electrical Systems
This program was developed for those who are involved in the design, installation and inspection of electrical systems in new and existing one- and two-family dwellings. Safety standards, manufacturers’ instructions, OHMS Law and basic electrical theory are covered in detail as they pertain to the overall application of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and the electrical requirements of the International Residential Code (IRC).
2018 IRC Braced Wall Provisions
Multiple examples will be given throughout the class to build each attendees knowledge and understanding. In the end, several “free” online programs will be used to help show how to quickly check that the requirements of the IRC have been met. This seminar is ideal for both the building plan reviewer and the building designer and is beneficial for building inspectors and contractors.
- Deadline for a guaranteed reservation is 4:30 p.m. on March 15, 2019.
- Will accept registrations up to the day of each event on a space-available basis.
- Space is limited to the first 70 registrants for each session.
- Registration fee is $150 for a six hour course.
- Online registration will begin Feb. 25, 2019.
Please Note Our Cancellation Policy
Requests for registration cancellation prior to 4:30 p.m. March 15, 2019 will receive a full refund. Cancellation requests received after this date are subject to a $50 cancellation fee.
The Department’s Goal 1 Committee will offer tacos, coffee, water and orange juice for donations.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please e-mail SABCA.